The Truth about Toothpaste Brands
When it comes to dental issues that we mostly face, one thing has to be kept in mind that these issues mostly take place due to your negligence in maintaining proper care for your teeth. For maintenance and care of your teeth, you need to choose the right toothpaste. Now, this is quite a difficult thing for the buyers these days. There are a lot of options and buyers do not really know the best brand of tooth for themselves. Certified dentist Houston TX at Cabrera Dental Associates have some crucial advices to proffer to the toothpaste buyers. Those advises are discussed below.
Things to Consider for Choosing Toothpaste
For buying toothpaste, a few things are required to be taken into consideration. These things are discussed in the following section.
- When you purchase toothpaste, you should check the ADA (American Dental Association) seal on the product. This is important as such products are tested for their quality.
- The toothpaste should come with fluoride, helps in preventing tooth decay and also protects the teeth enamel.
- For sensitive teeth, toothpaste should be enriched with potassium nitrate.
- Presence of triclosan, zinc citrate, and pyrophosphates can help reducing plaque and tartar buildup.
Tips for Better Tooth Brushing
Dentist South Houston at Cabrera Dental Associates have noted that many people follow the wrong method of brushing teeth. As a result, despite using good brand of toothpaste they face issues with teeth. For brushing teeth, you may follow the tips given below.
- Twice a day and at least for two minutes, you need to brush your teeth.
- You need to brush systematically, not randomly as that will lower down chance of missing some spots.
- Small amount of toothpaste should be used for brushing teeth.
- Brushing should be done gently so that gum is not hurt. Tissues around the gum are sensitive and they can easily be damaged due to poor brushing technique.
- Using soft or ultra soft brush for brushing tooth is always recommended.
- In every two to three months, you should change your toothbrush.
Meet and Expert
To lower down the risk of gum infection and other dental complications, you need to meet a professional and certified dentist at Cabrera Dental Associates.
Insurances We Accept
DentaQuest (Medicaid and CHIP for children under 21)
MCNA (Medicaid and CHIP for children under 21)
United Healthcare (Medicaid and CHIP for children under 21)