Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates in Houston suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
Sometimes brushing properly is not sufficient for oral hygiene and patient needs periodic cleaning. Prevention is always better than cure and professional dental cleaning helps detect dental issues ea ...
Smiling is a very powerful medicine for your body. Smile is something which a person notices on another person. It brings out your inner self and how happy you are. One smile can make all the differen ...
Would You Like to Change Your Smile? Laser Gum Contouring by Cosmetic Dentist in South Houston May Be the Answer!
Bulging gums can be a problem. Your teeth may look great and your smile may be otherwise healthy, but a bulging gum line can throw off smile aesthetics a great deal. Modern cosmetic dentistry offers ...
If you are self-conscious about your dental health and how your teeth look and feel, you may benefit from porcelain veneers. For questions and more information about porcelain veneers and if you’d ...