Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Dentist near you suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
As our teeth get older, they show signs of wear and tear. This is because our teeth are exposed to many things in our lives. As a result, we may notice small cracks or chips on the surface of our teet ...
Tooth extraction refers to the complete removal of one or several teeth from the mouth. Dentists and oral surgeons generally perform tooth extractions on adults. However, primary teeth are removable f ...
The teeth are essential organs of the mouth that get us through daily activities. They aid in chewing food (biting, tearing, chewing, and grinding), production of speech, and pronunciation of words an ...
Tooth extraction Houston is necessary when you have a damaged, infected, or diseased tooth. At Cabrera Dental Associates – Houston, TX, dentists can perform tooth extraction when necessary. They hav ...