Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Dentist near you suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
A healthy smile is aesthetically pleasing but also essential for overall oral health. However, various dental issues can affect the appearance and functionality of your smile. Fortunately for you, mod ...
If you have a dental problem, most likely with your teeth or dentures, it is almost certainly due to poor oral hygiene or an accident. At Cabrera Denta Associates, we have seen many oral problems resu ...
A bright smile is the key to boosting your confidence and self-esteem. In addition, a beautiful smile is infectious and makes people around you happy. Moreover, smiling makes us more comfortable gener ...
Medical experts have been using nitrous oxide as oral sedation for their patients for more than 200 years. If your kid has a fear of dental procedures or does not want to sit still for a long operatio ...