Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates in Houston suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
It can be a task to find an emergency dentist when anyone is in pain and need urgent help. It is advisable to find out about emergency dental care near your home, so the person is prepared. One can st ...
Many people usually have crooked or misaligned teeth. For straightened teeth, the best option is to see an orthodontist and get braces. The adults with imperfect teeth are not comfortable with the bra ...
There available so many options for missing tooth issues and many people do not prefer choosing dental implant as ultimate solutions for such issues. This is because many people are not aware of the b ...
The idea of seeing the dentist scares the most of us. We all have been in the situation where we brush and floss our teeth just before the appointment to impress the dentist. It’s common for the pat ...