Oral Hygiene Instructions
To maintain a clean mouth and good oral health, it is important to brush your teeth regularly. At Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates in Houston we recommend that you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. The brush head should be compact enough to reach all areas without effort.
- Change your toothbrush at least every four months, sooner if the bristles are worn out. Never use a frayed toothbrush.
- Always choose a good fluoride toothpaste.
Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates in Houston suggests the following brushing technique:
- Position your brush at a 45-degree angle along the gums.
- Gently brush back and forth with short strokes.
- Brush all of the tooth surfaces, outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- To reach inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and apply up-and-down strokes.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Keep in mind, tooth brushing is just one part of a comprehensive dental care routine. You should also do the following:
- Clean hard to reach spaces between teeth daily with once a day flossing. Tooth damaging bacteria linger between teeth where bristles can’t reach. Floss removes plaque and food particles between teeth and under the gumline.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Visit your Dr. Cabrera Dental Associates office in Houston regularly for professional cleanings and bi-annual oral exams.
Book an appointment
If you or a member of your family has lost one or more teeth there is nothing to be ashamed about because you have joined the distinguished group of people over the age of 20 that have at least two or ...
Periodontal disease is a continuing epidemic of the gums that can steadily destroy the support of your natural teeth. Dental plaque is the main reason for this condition to develop among genetically s ...
Many people are dissatisfied with the appearance of the shape of their gums. Generally, people believe the best way to improve their smile is to recognize plans like teeth whitening without realizing ...
A dental implant is a very effective way of replacing lost teeth. However, several things are considered before surgery. One of the important factors is the strength of the jawbone. If your jawbone is ...