An implant is a small titanium screw fixed into your jaw bone and used to replace the root canal of a missing tooth. A dentist performs minor surgery to insert the implant. After fixing it, a crown is placed over to give it a more realistic look.
The all-on-4 implants substitute the need for a dental implant on each missing tooth. Four screws are placed on the top jaw and four on the bottom jaw. Since the screws are titanium, they have a special ability to fuse easily with the bone and function as part of it. The fusion serves as a long-lasting and strong foundation for your teeth.
What Is the Procedure for Installing All on Four Dental Implants?
By combining the precise technology of the full mouth procedure with the expertise of our implant teams, Cabrera Dental Associates, based in Houston, TX has developed a way to give most patients a new smile in one day.
First, our dentists will make sure that you are comfortable. Secondly, they will prepare you for implants. This involves removing any falling teeth. They will then remove any infected tissue in the gum and your jaw. If there is not enough bone present, bone grafting may be needed to ensure implants have a solid foundation.
Next, they will begin the implant process. The procedure involves inserting the titanium screws into the jaw. Two screws are placed facing towards the front of the mouth and two other facing towards the back of the mouth. This provides anchorage of the dentures. After the implant, the surgeon will thoroughly clean the operation sites and suture all the incisions. Finally, you will be taken to the recovery room as you wait to wake up from anesthesia.
The all-on-4 dental implants in Houston, TX, offer the following benefits:
- Prevents bone loss and degradation- They minimize the effect of bone loss since they are affixed directly to the jaw bone and acts in the same fashion as a root canal. The pressure they exert on the jaw bone is similar to that of natural teeth, and this provides mass retention in the area and strength
- Gives you greater self-confidence- Patients end up with a set of natural-looking teeth connected securely and comfortably on the jaw. This enables them to enjoy their favorite foods and a variety of drinks without worry
- Better hygiene and easier care- Taking care of these implants is easier and follows the everyday oral care habits you are familiar with. They also do away with the need to use other adhesives required to attach traditional dentures.
- Offer a permanent solution- All on fours are fitted once, and unlike traditional dentures, they do not require regular fitting. They are also not prone to gum recession that causes dentures to be loose. This property offers you greater comfort and convenience.
- Eliminate health issues associated with health with falling and missing teethbecause they restore your mouth to a natural state they fend off periodontal diseases. With regular brushing and flossing, they enhance overall dental health.
- Brushing-use a quality toothbrush with soft bristles. Make sure you brush in gentle movements, way up to your gum line
- Use a Waterpik-this is a tool that reaches down the gum line. Dentists recommend using it at least once in a day to remove food particles
- Rubber tip gum stimulator use-used to remove food debris trapped within the gums. This prevents infections that may be caused by rotten food particles.
Any surgical procedure carries risk. Before proceeding, you should seek professional opinion from your dentist.
The all on 4 Houston dental therapy is more effective than traditional dentures since it is permanent and does not pose any threat to your oral health. Taking good care of your implants leads to a positive outcome. Most dentists will recommend this therapy for missing teeth since it is an effective restorative dental therapy procedure. Get your implants today and restore your smile and self-confidence.